Thursday, December 27, 2007

MIA

MIA - Missing in action!

I have to write about this infamous lost wallet of my dear husband's because I am so tired of looking for it that I am loosing my mind!

Christmas Eve was a bit of a rush, we were running late as usual. He rushed home and we were out the door in minutes. The last "sighting" of the said wallet was at the store when DH paid for our last minute gifts - I was so not prepared this year!

It is now 2 days post wallet sighting and I have looked through every nook and cranny in my house! It is not even January yet and I have finished my "Spring" cleaning LOL! What a wonderful thing! I must have 7 trash bags of "stuff" to donate to the goodwill....here are some of my findings....

black clogs that I swore I would wear again...that was 5 years ago

numerous suits and skirt sets prior to my "stay at home mommy" days - I have nowhere to wear these and I highly doubt they would fit!

a pink and green striped belt - have no clue how I obtained this - looks like it belongs in the 80's

size 5 Rockies Jeans - these were all the rave back when I met my DH 14 years ago! I used to be a size 5, but as the years have pasted my lovely hips have matured LOL! I have no clue why I was holding on to these? There is no way in heck, even if I worked off my A@@ that they would fit - my hips have spread like margarine - that's a gross analogy but the only one I could come up with.

A Louis Vuitton wallet box - I can't find my wallet it is lost as well - maybe the two ran off together and are vacationing in Cancun! I threw it in the bag anyhow, though I am sure the person unwrapping and sorting all of my donated goodies will have no clue who Louis is and trash the dang thing like I should have!

I should be happy that a lot of my cleaning and purging of old things is done BUT I am still so annoyed that the wallet is missing. I am sure a couple months from now I will be going through something and there it will pop out! In the most obvious of places! Isn't that how life works? For me at least...I am not the most organized person and I will admit it!

I should be thankful that the wallet has forced me to do things like vacuum under my beds, clean my linen closets and go through my closets! I just can't seem to "let go" of this damn wallet as like any other "SAHM" I am financially tied to it LOL! No wallet, no getaway! We were supposed to meet up with some friends that are from Ireland that flew over to vacation in the mountains for a winter ski vacation. I do not have a credit card to my name so this is not good! My DH called the back and we were told 7-10 days before the new one gets here - UGH.

So send me some good "wallet kharma" and maybe it will turn up by Sunday!

2 comments:

Monica said...

Lol re the wallets running off to Cancun!
How about under the car seats?

Amy said...

We have looked everywhere and finally decided to give up! I think I jinxed hom when I bought him a new wallet for Christmas!