Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Day Dreaming






Today I am having one of those days. I am so sick and tired of the cold, ice and snow and it is only February! Our snowiest month here is March and so there is yet more snow to come my way! Ugh.



I am tired of my sweaters and huge coats and boots and freezing my buns off every time I go to start the car.








I am a total beach girl. I love the sun and the sand. Though I am so pasty white my skin reflects the sun and you may need to put on your sunglasses when I arrive(I am not kidding). I have a love hate relationship with the sun. I love it and it hates me. I burn within 30 minutes of being in the sun and need to plaster myself with sunscreen. I have even had numerous skin cancer spots removed, but this does not keep me from the sun that I love!





I was in denial as a teen and would lay out in a bikini and rub on baby oil (what was I thinking) and insist that I was working on my tan............all I got was a red hot burn and a bad peel a week later. I have now come to my senses that I will never have that lovely golden glow that I have longed for! Not even the self tanners work - unless you want to look orange like a sesame street character - I am sure my girls would love that.



I need a vacation! I dream of going someplace warm and beachy. So here is some eye candy and some lovely island tunes to go along with it......dream............

2 comments:

Deanna McCool said...

Love the music and your pictures. I totally agree with you. I am SOOOO tired of winter. I was actually trying to figure out a way I could go on a short cruise someplace, but it's not practical, *sigh*. Maybe I'll just have a margarita and sit under my Ott Light.

Isabel Inspired Designs said...

I am so there! Can I come too! I am done with the crappy weather and gloom. Come on SPRING! :)