Thursday, December 18, 2008

Let the counting begin!

And so it is that time of year again where I get asked more than a few times a day "How many more days until Santa comes?"....ah yes my impatient little ones.

My attempt at taking a photo of the girls for our Christmas cards was a bit challenging this year. Ms. S just loves the snow aka "Ice Cream" and did not want to sit for Mommy. She was way too intersted in eating the snow.





I have been enjoying my time off from making and filling customer orders but could not keep away from my pile of fabrics and my sewing machine. I decided to make something creative for the teachers this year. These steno pad covers where super easy to make and fun because I got to mix and match some of the brighter fabrics together.
The next half of the countdown will be mine of course....how many more days until school is back? That is after Christmas of course. The kiddos will get bored and tired of being stuck inside with this really cold weather and snow we have been having.

And then comes my birthday again....it creeps up on me every year. I have even lost count a couple of times and had to sit back and actually calculate in my head just how old I really was? I took off 1 or 2 years accidentally when I had answered how old I was. Is this what happens in your "ahem" early 30's? I am in trouble if that is the case I will be a basket case by the time I am 40!

We all get so busy and involved in Christmas, then New Years Eve, then the recovery of New Year's Day then BOOM....it is here again but who's counting anyway?

3 comments:

Isabel Inspired Designs said...

LOVE the steno covers for the teachers, very cool! Ya, basketcase by the time you are 40, proof right here, lol. Last day of school tomorrow for the kids, looking forward to not getting up early BUT not looking forward to the running and screaming and teasing and fighting, KWIM?? :)

Judith of Pink PolkaDot Originals said...

Hi Amy! Hmmm, hate to break the news but it life get a bit more confusing as you age. I will be 56! GROAN! in January! You are doing an amazing job with your photography. Wish we lived close so that you could take Jacob's pictures. Your Christmas card pictures are adorable but, brrr! it looked cold outside! Merry Christmas. Judith

Amy said...

Thanks ladies ;) - Merrry Christmas!