Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A little about me ....

Ok so it has almost been 4 months since my last post, seriously slacking here. It is hard enough to keep up with the custom orders, emails and convos let alone manage 2 blogs :) I need a twin or lets make that 2!

Some of you may or may not know how I got into the business of custom sewing and so I thought I would share a little bit about myself. I will keep it short and sweet ala Cliff Notes version.



After having our first daughter I had to leave my career in Marketing to care for the Little pip squeak because she had severe acid reflux and was monitored night and day. After she outgrew this and was all better I looked for a way to get creative and make a little bit of money at the same time. This is when Funky*Monkey was born which is the name/label I designed and created under on Ebay.
I used to make Euro and Vintage inspired designs. Certainly a great way for me to feed my passion of being creative! I remember the first set I did, a pair of denim overalls that had little flowers, ruffles on the hem and lots of trim! I have come a long way! Here is a photo of the famed first set of denim overalls, I should spare you the torture!

Last August I made the decision to leave Ebay and transition to Etsy and offer a collection of items rather than a one of a kind set. This is when Loves Me Not began. Ebay got too expensive to sell on and Etsy is very reasonable and I love the look of how artsy it is too!
I never would have dreamed that when I started this that I would have come this far. Of course without all of the love and support from my husband, family and all of you this would not be possible. Once I get the Summer collection finished and on its way to everyone I can focus on Fall and the big things I hope to bring so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Hair Candy said...

good to know you're still going at it! have a great summer!

Elena said...

Hi Amy, I love your designs-they are really creative and So cheerful! I used to make clothes too, but haven't made anything for ages...I must say that you really inspired me and I'm itching for a project. I have recently made a blog devoted to children-fashion, interiors, crafts, etc. I do hope that you'll be interested to visit.
www.fancyhq.info

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

Love your work! Found you from JP's blog! Pretty pretty!