Thursday, February 21, 2008

Chocolate Dust Bunnies


When the kids get quiet it usually means there is trouble....

As I was sewing this morning and jamming to my tunes and the whir of the machine I noticed that it was unmistakably quiet. As I near the stairs I could hear whispering and a commotion.

I entered the kitchen and the kids scattered like mice shoving chocolate powder into their mouths as fast as they could. They had chocolate mustaches and such a look of guilt. Looks like one of them got into the chocolate powder Nesquick (which by the way is huge economy size because that is the size my husband insists on buying everything in) and my youngest decided to make a sandbox of chocolate powder on my kitchen counters and proceed to the floor. They had made an attempt to clean it up and swept it into a pile (note the piece of dog food and other various dust bunnies in the pile amongst the footprint). I have to give them credit for at least trying to clean it up and hide it from my discovery. My kitchen was covered in a chocolate dust - the stove, the dishwasher, the counters and of course the floor.......serenity now, serentiy now.

So I guess I need to pay a bit more attention to the "silence" when the kids are awake, I get a big fat F in that for today. And yes my floors were not the cleanest today either...........I don't know which is worse, #1 posting a picture of the messy floor for all to view or #2 the fact that they were eating the chocolate dust from that pile? #2 - that is gross.

4 comments:

Isabel Inspired Designs said...

OMG! Those little turkeys!!
Sounds like something that Isabel would definitely love doing:)

Willow Tree said...

ROFL that "quite" is a very scary thing! When you realize it you know for sure something is happening:)
Brooke

Holly Stocke said...

Yep, when all is quiet, be afraid... VERY AFRAID!!! lol! Today I had half a bottle of ketchup on the dog (she says she was washing his hair with it), and yesterday, I had 2 rolls of toilet paper in the toilet, totally unrolled with a little present underneath. The joys of motherhood!!! lol!
Hol

The Gourmet Momma said...

Oh my word! Thats too funny!