Monday, February 18, 2008

Trading Places


Yesterday my husband had 6 guys over to watch the “race of all races” the Daytona 500. Over the smells of fried food, beer and other various aromas, I pondered how they could watch so much coverage in one day. You have pre-pre coverage, then pre-coverage, interviews and historical coverage. Then comes the actual race itself which lasts anywhere from 4-6 hours. Then you have post-coverage that seems like it goes on for hours………..and I began to wonder what it would be like if things were turned around?

Today I am having 6 of me best girlfriends over to watch the season finale of “Desperate Housewives”. I have plenty of food made up to eat amongst various alcoholic beverages - yippee! The pre-show coverage starts at 12 noon, even though the actual show does not start until 3pm. 3 hours of nothing but gossip talk by the commentators and pondering what will happen in the final scenes. We even have an online “fantasy pool” - $100 to get in on that. Choose who will end up with a dead spouse, slapped by her friend and cheated on by her fiancé’ (in that order) and you would win $1,000! The kind of damage I could do with that shopping money! The show will finally start and we all yell and smile and slap high fives in anticipation! It is finally here! 4 hours of nothing but uninterrupted smut and dramatic fancified soap opera television, which by the way I have TIVO so I can fast forward through all commercials, rewind for instant replay or pause to debate with my peeps over what just happened. Wow what a day I have to look forward too!

And that is what life would be like if my chic flicks lasted for approximately 7 hours long in one day! If you would like to come, please post a comment and let me know what munchie you would like to bring. NASCAR season has just begun and 9 more months to go…………oh but by then it is football season, don’t remind me.

4 comments:

Isabel Inspired Designs said...

Party? I am there and bringing the brownies:)
Lesa

Amy said...

Sounds great - I love brownies!

Deanna McCool said...

Wow, I thought I missed a finale or something....my area here was hopping since the WINNER of the Daytona is from South Bend!!!

But I'd take a 7-hour Housewife party any day....

Holly Stocke said...

YES! We do need to turn the tables on the men! Try being married to a golfer... if he's not playing it, then he's watching it, and a round of golf takes 4 or 5 HOURS... that doesn't count the 1 hour warm up or the card game/beers in the club house afterwards either.