Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Lovey Lovey Day


Happy Valentines to all of you romantics out there! What a great day to remember those who mean so much to us. Of course, we should not need a holiday to remind us of just how precious life is, though the retailers and florists love it! Where would they be in February without Vday after the Christmas slump?

I had a wonderful day! My husband bought me a fabulous new silver Bulova watch, a dozen roses and I also found out I am traveling to Las Vegas with him - without the kiddos - in 2 weeks! Wow! I can't wait!

Today my kids, including my niece who I babysit, are bouncing off of the walls! Their diet today has mainly conisted of sugar and caffeine. I wish I could eat like that. It all started this morning with a special breakfast, followed by lunch, followed by a party at school and ending up at home with more cavity catchers brought over from various family members - by the way thanks and I will get you back. Let's recap what I know they have eaten today, and I state "what I know" because I am sure they have snuck some more sweets behind my back:

cream cheese cinamon rolls compliments of Me for a Vday treat for breakfast
glazed donut holes with pink and red sprinkles
juice boxes (not the real juice kind)
cereal
dora the explorer soup and mini pizzas
more donut holes
various cookies at the school party
various chocolates at the party
carrot sticks, snap peas and brocolli which did not even get touched because they were not drenched in anything sweet (sorry Ms. Mahala)
chocolates
fudge pops
doritos

I am really a good mom I promise! I try to give them good for you foods, but today I get an F. The cinn rolls and dora soup and mini pizzas were my doing - all the rest were a direct result of the happenings of Valentine's Day. So in high hopes of a quiet and romantic evening in with the kids in bed early, my chances are slim, unless of course they come down from hanging off of the ceiling fans and agree to some warm milk and a nice movie.

Oh and I changed my blog music - I know it is a bit spread out and all out weird, but I love all kinds of music so you can find anything from Elvis to Maroon 5 to Bob Marley and if you don't like it you can change the channel.

Now go give your loved ones big kissies and hugs and I hope you have a fabulous Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

Holly Stocke said...

What a sweet hubby you have! I got a watch today too... and my kid ate about 15 of the dozen cookies that were suppposed to be for daddy. lol! Oh, and Sarah Brightman is amazing! Love her! I can hang with your playlist. Glad I came across your blog. Oh, and how sweet of you to add my link to your list, though I am nowhere as entertaining as you. Yep, yep, you're a funny one!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Hol

Amy said...

thanks Holly - I am happy to see someone reads it despite all of my typos lol- I am the worst! Glad you had a great Valentine's Day too! :)

Willow Tree said...

WOW what a day you had:) Vegas sounds wonderful and a perfect place to let your hair down with the hubby and have some fun!
Brooke