Thursday, March 6, 2008

Lifes Little Mishaps


Okay so I just got back from Vegas - 3 whole nights without my kiddos - I should be rested up and re-charged right? So not true! The trip was great but after my flight being delayed and not arriving until almost 10pm Friday night and departing at 6:25 am on Monday, let's just say it was a bit rushed.

This week I have made several general or "not" - you decide -screw ups in my household. Here are just a couple of my notable favs:

Screwup #1 - I was on the pc with possibly the world's largest glass of white wine in tow....need I say more? I am so clutsy and I knocked the dang thing over directly onto my keyboard which has now resulted in a new and improved one. To my dismay, I could not clean the thing and by next morning they were all sticking and I was drumming out typos all over. Can't have that now can we? I confess that I did not tell my husband about my little accident, I ran out and bought the new board before he got home, and I am sure he will eventually find out when he reads this - love you honey ;).

Screwup #2 - As a result of my trip preparations, sewing and just life in general, I managed to catch my first official cold this season. Pretty good considering that Malaina started Kindergarten this year and I had expected a whole new slew of germs. So I took a cough drop, which I hate by the way YUK, and I struggled with it for a whole 3 minutes before spitting it out and setting it on the kitchen counter. Then Me, aka Martha Stewart, took out a frozen pizza for dinner and put it in the oven. Little did I know that my cough drop had stuck to the bottom of the pan and was now being melted into a bath of bubbly menthol smoke in my oven as the pizza cooked. OMG - the house was full of smoke! I don't recommend mixing cough meds with pizza any day of the week.

So my brain may not be re-charged and granted I am a bit comatose. I leave again this weekend on an all girls excurion to the cabin in the mountains for some drinks, fondue, girl talk and oh did I mention the drinks? And I am taking my mascara if anyone cares, my one must have novelty if you will. As for the clothing I am going all casual this time and I just might take nothing but PJ's to wear the entire time because I can.

God bless my little hubby for taking care of the girls so mom can get some much needed girl time!

4 comments:

Deanna McCool said...

Hope you have fun! And don't mix the drinks with the keyboard, LOL!! I definitely need a weekend away. Maybe I'll show my husband your post. :)

Holly Stocke said...

Mmmmmm... nummy cough drop pizza. lol! Good for you - getting away and enjoying some time in the real world! Then you can come back to hang out with us crafty cyber geeks. :o)
Hol

Isabel Inspired Designs said...

You bad girl, no drinks by the keyboard! lol.
Been there and done that too:)
Hope you are having a great weekend with the gals and the mega drinks. lol.

Amy said...

Thanks ladies - I had a blast! Needless to say, my pants are really tight - no jokes. We ate anad drank and then ate some more. Great time!