Monday, March 17, 2008

Missing Pairs


How is it that when you need to find something that is in a "pair" you can only find one?

Today was rather chilly out and I was frantically looking for Malaina's matching glove as we were on our way to school. Of course she wanted the one favorite "pair" that I could not find the matching mate too - why does it always work out that way? She had to settle for the plain pink mittens, life as we know it almost ended as I forced them on her little hands.

There must be some place between here and no where that all the missing and lost gloves, shoes and socks go hang out. It always seems as if I am searching for lost mates of my families wardrobe.....there is only one consistent thing here and that is me. I admit I am terrible at laundry and putting things back in the spot they go. I get in a rush and put it back in the most convenient place at them time, that is how all the mates get seperated.

Though there is one thing I have not been able to figure out and that is the mystery of missing socks. I believe they get sucked up by some magical force once they enter the wash to a far far away land. Just imagine mismatched socks running around and living the good life....now that is something to ponder.

1 comment:

nic said...

it's those random wormholes in space...they slip through and end up in another dimension. that's my theory, anyway.