Monday, April 14, 2008

So this is what a hangover feels like?


This weekend we had a huge party at our house to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday! The theme was "party like it's 1968" - original huh?


I can honestly say that bellbottoms are not on my list of favorite retro/vintage wear, but at least I can say I have worn them 1x in my lifetime! And what is it with the falsey eyelashes? I would have to be heavily intoxicated or on valium to have to wear those every day. They drove me nuts and I took them off after 30 min of wear.



We had a great time amongst the long hippie hairdos and wigged out afros and did I mention the jello shots? I think that is what gave me my lovely "ran over by the car and beat up" feeling I had the next morning. You just can't tell how much you are drinking when you indulge in the brightly colored concoctions...how many did I have....just one more.....ok this is the LAST one! Ha! Mr. Jello had it out for me!



All in all we had a great time with family and friends and the costume party made it even that much more fun! I will spare you all of the details but post some fun pictures instead.

Eat your heart out Ted Nugent.

2 comments:

Vanessa and Company said...

Amy!
Looks like an awesome party! I love all of the pics, and those jello shots look good! My hubby turns 40 next year...maybe we'll be partying like it's 1969, lolol!!

Amy said...

1969 was a good Hippie year too - Woodstock!!