Saturday, May 17, 2008

What's a girl to do?


We took a trip to the zoo for M's kindergarten field trip this Friday. We were fortunately blessed with wonderful weather in the 70's!
As we were waiting for the class to arrive I made a mad rush to the ladies room while we had some time. I came across several, more like 8 or 9 male Peacocks courting a single female. I have never witnessed such a display. They were blocking the bathroom door! The poor thing was cornered and surround by the male peacocks fluttering and shaking their gorgeous colorful fan of feathers. Oh just what is a girl to do? I could not help but think that it reminded me of the typical, competitive, puffed up, testosterone ridden male, and the one we all know and love and call our "partner" or "husband".

Not only do the males have the beautiful color and fanciful flair that would better fit the women, but they all have to compete for the loving affection of one woman....oh yeah. It's ladies choice and she can be picky!

Choices, choices.......
So just for fun and laughs I am sharing some photos of the 'Peacock Love" story ....





Eat your heart out Liberachi!



2 comments:

Isabel Inspired Designs said...

OMG, I love Peacocks!
Great shots Amy. I will have to show these to Isabel, she is a peacock maniac. lol

uniquefavors said...

Your pics are beautiful! Thanks for offering to help me spruce up my blog. I figured out how to adjust some stuff in the html but I think I have to change my template to add the border paper because I think the one I have doesn't have an outside border. Not sure. Thanks for visiting my blog too! Ayme