Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Finally Something Clicked!


I finally created something for me that I actually liked! I get asked all the time "Why don't you make clothing for women or yourself".....well as you all know we "ladies" are much more curvy than our younger counterparts and it is not easy to fit everyone because we are all built so different. On top of that what the heck is it with patterns being so "off" on sizing? I am not abotu to disclose my "pant" size but lets just say according to my measurements the people at Simplicity think I should be wearing a size 3x larger than my normal. No way in heck am I making myself that will yet resemble another tent in luscious fabric.


I had a couple requests for some cute and casual velour track pants with a small ruffle on the bottom and they actually turned out cute - they are so comfy and I just love them! A fun little twist on the ordinary track pant. I love to wear mine with my jeweled flip flops but soon I will have to resort to other shoes if Mother Nature has her way.


The last time I attempted to make something for myself it was disastrous! I "upsized" this Euro skirt pattern that I have that I just adore and it looks so good on the little ones so why not me? Holy cow is all I can say. I wasted $30 in wondrous Amy Butler fabric to create this??? Luckily the fabric got recycled into a sweet little dress and is now trotting around somewhere on a 5 year old girl in Thailand....true story.

I do not know what comes next, there are so many patterns I wish I had time to mess with and create something new but for now it is about digging myself out from under the orders in the Etsy store. Is there light at the end of the tunnel....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those pants are so cute!! It's nice feminine detail. Love the color too!

Amy said...

Thanks Tiffany!

nic said...

i agree, those pants turned out beautifully, and they look so comfy too. nice work!