Friday, October 3, 2008

Summarizing September

September was a crazy month for us here and since I have been so busy with this, I thought I would just summarize September since I missed so much.

You know something is "up" when the kids get quiet. When I am busy sewing late at night and think my daughter is in bed watching a movie this is the last thing you expect to find when you walk into the bathroom....her face and hair plastered with Bubble Gum Pink Hannah Montana lipgloss. This girl used the entire tube in one sitting and not only put it on her face, but managed to get her entire hands and hair involved. I tried not to laugh when I took pictures.

Miss M. lost her first official tooth and was granted a very generous gift of $5 from the tooth fairy. It think I need to have a little discussion with Ms. Fairy as she has Trumped Mom and instantly became Miss. M's biggest fan overnight.......I only got a lousy quarter.



Loves Me Not Fall line was finally finished despite major fabric delays - 6 weeks but whose counting - the shop is open and everything is running smoooth. The leggings seem to be a favorite, and mine too!

Apparently I have taken up a third job, yes third (#1Wife/Mom, #2Designing) as a skunk farmer. We encountered 2 - yes 2 - skunks in our yard in 1 weeks time resulting in a stinky little dog who had to get shaved and leather furniture that continues to be "aired" out on the patio. I feel like Sanford & Son over here. The 2 skunks have since been relocated and we have encountered a third -3-tres'- however you want to call it a 3rd skunk 2x this week in our backyard. My dogs are on a curfew and lockdown starts at 7pm. I hope the Tres' Skunk gets the heck outta town because I just can't take any more of this nonsense.

Miss. M turned 6 and we had a great party in the backyard....even a special visit from "Coconut the Clown". She loved the clown but was too worried about her hair to put any of the hats on in his corny little skits.


And when did Fall arrive?? I knew it was coming and was in full acceptance of this but it seems like the evenings have gotten darker much quicker than I remember and the leaves started turning faster..........or maybe it is just loss of sleep?

2 comments:

Holly Stocke said...

LMAO at that HM lip gloss pic. Too funny! You've been a busy mama!

Unknown said...

My daughter did the same thing one night only she painted her entire body with nail polish! LOL! Sounds like you are one busy mama!