Sunday, January 6, 2008

What's mine is mine

My 5 yr old latley likes to point out the obvious to me.

"Mommy you're speeding"

"Mommy you are not paying attention to me"

"Mommy you need to do the laundry"

And today she pointed out something that I always say and it made me laugh.

Me "Malaina don't push that on my floor or you will scratch it!"

Malaina "Mom, why is everything in this house yours?"

Me "What do you mean?"

Malaina "You always say "my carpets" or "my floors" or "my bathroom" and isn't it all of ours and not just yours?"

Made me think....yes again she was pointing out the obvious. I have a habit of stating "my" in front of certain objects in this house. As in "Don't get food on my counters I just cleaned!" or "Don't take drinks in the family room you will spill on my carpet!"

So maybe I should make a resolution to be more thoughtful when I am complaining to my kids about what they are doing to my ... er "our" house.

1 comment:

Traci said...

too.. funny.. sounds like she's very bright and picks up on everything....lol..
Traci