Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy Fool's Day!

In the spirit of all things fun, I looove practical jokes! So today is the socially acceptable day, one day per year, that I can usually get away with some fun!!

I can remember as a child my dad playing silly little jokes on me. One of my favorites, which I would have repeated today had I thought my husband would get a kick out of it (he is not a morning person) is the good ole rubber band on the sink sprayer trick.

Plan:Make sure the water is off on the sink or you will get sprayed! Take a rubberband and depress the button on your sink sprayer of the kitchen sink. Place the rubber band around it tight enough that it will hold the button down permanently.

Results: your loved one will get sprayed when they turn on the sink expecting water to come from the faucet, but instead they get a full spray from the nozzle! LOL! I am evil...

Take a look here and read about some of the foolish 100 best hoaxes of all time.

Here is a fun little explanation of the history of April Fools - going all the way back to 1582!!
Here is a great picture I found on the web - look at all the snow in that doorway!

And this one is even more strange, pieces of cheese stuck to the side of a car door. Okay my kids eat that kind of cheese and the fact that it can stick to a door and dry on there makes me wonder what exactly is in the cheese? I may seriously consider banning pre-wrapped cheeses from my household.





So go get your "Fools" on today and oh, I take no responsibility for the actions your loved ones may take against you!

2 comments:

Isabel Inspired Designs said...

HA! Going to check out the links now. Sink sprayer, that is a good one! My dad was always a joker too:)

nic said...

i've saran-wrapped cars, but cheese? that's a new one. :)